Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Canine Haute Couture - Japan Style

I haven't really been seeing as many dogs in Kyoto as I expected. Maybe it's because dogs seem to have so few places to shop here. I've been doing miles of shop-walking and so far only saw this one shop--which the dogs had to share with "baby kids."

The shop had a selection of bowls and leashes alongside baby toys and gear. Come to think of it, this was the only child store I saw also (so far).

I was beginning to wonder if it were possible that the Japanese were not as devoted to their pooches as we are, when I came upon a bookstore and a pretty wide selection of dog magazines. This one was all about "wear, accessory, and goods" and came with a large packet of patterns and instructions.



There is everything in here from beach wear to a "layered look tee" and a camisole(!), and things you can make out of your own clothing.
Corgis and dachsunds seem to be popular here, along with the shitzus and lhasas that I expected to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!