Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Dog's Eye View of Japan

We're here in Kyoto now, so my next few entries may be from here. I thought perhaps that Columbia had a "sister city" here in Japan, so I could keep up the Columbia theme of this blog. This doesn't appear to be the case, so my temporary theme will be "Columbia Dog Lover Misses Dogs while in Japan."

I get such a kick out of the little characters on the graphics and signage here, like this one reminding you to scoop your poop. I asked for a literal translation and was told it means "You're forgeting someting here!"



I'm not seeing as many dogs as I expected, but I've seen a number of people walking threesomes of the same breed--3 corgis, 3 poodles, 3 lhasas.

Our guide, Sakae, has a corgi so we had fun sharing our pictures--like pulling out photos of the grandkids. Nothing like the universal language of "love my dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!