Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hey, dogs! Chill out!

Riley and Cody are not thrilled with this hot weather. Their Cuban roots aren't helping them at all.

Someone on one of our dog walks mentioned a device called ChillyBuddy that is supposed to help keep dogs cool by lowering their coat temperature by about 30%. So far, I haven't seen any dogs wearing them around here, but I've been giving them some thought. I guess I've mostly just been taking my dogs for longer walks in the morning and evening and trying to avoid sunny areas.

The Maryland Bichon Frise Rescue has these available (in all sizes) for about $38-59. I believe a portion of the sales goes to the rescue efforts. Bichons apparently have very pink sensitive skin and need extra sun protection.

Has anyone tried one of these?

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I haven't tried them, but have two Bichons who love hanging out in the sun! I know a member of Maryland Bichon Frise Rescue who swears by them. One of the dogs on America's Greatest Dog wore one the other week.

    Donyale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donyale,

    My guys just got a little trim, which should help them out a bit.
    No fun having a fur coat this time of year!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have been thinking about this issue,so thanks for sharing. I'll definitely be subscribing to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments!