Sunday, March 2, 2008

Starting out . . .

OK. This is my first-ever blog entry and I hope to learn as I go along. I'm excited about exploring my surroundings a bit more. We've lived here for over 25 years and I think we were pretty active way back when. But then I think it got easy to settle into a little rut and forget about all the nice places to walk. Even the dogs started looking a little bored with the same old neighborhood walk.

I started the Columbia Dog Meetup and that's been a lot of fun. So I'm hoping to find more walks to schedule for the group and maybe discover some "best kept secrets" for new walks. Also, my eyes are wide open now, scanning the area for dog-friendly places to visit to get a bite to eat, a cup of coffee, lunch, or glass of wine or beer. I'm really excited about the Pub Dog that opened up on Dobbin Road and is building an outdoor patio so patrons can bring their dogs. Nothing like belting down a cold one with the pooch. They say they are adding an awning and having some custom-built tables made for the patio, and as soon as that happens, they will be open for outdoor business. Sounds like they're hopeful about May, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!